is a food focused
& likes contacts
ばちゃん tofu salad
breakfast salad a la dinner
kimchi fried nice
<asl> 26, f, sunset/sf
serving size: one
serving size: solo
serving size: SINGLE.
i find joy in sourcing, cooking, eating, + cleaning up a meal prepared with my own hands.
it is also a passion of mine that dips over into my professional pursuits.
yet lately, i've been unmotivated to do these very things.
reasons to not cook a single serving:
1. most recipes i swoon over in cookbooks, magazines, blogs are not written for a single serving.
2. it is discouraging (financially + pantry space) to make a shopping list of exotic one-time-use ingredients.
3. eating alone is faint reminder that i once cooked + shared dinners with past loves.
4. telling myself that my ordinary monday night meal is not worthy of delicacy, intention, focus, care, special preparation, uninhibited enjoyment and verbal celebration.
5. a visual reminder that i am relationally single.*
reasons to START cooking a single serving:
1. i shouldn't wait + dream of the opportunity to cook up delicious food with a future significant other
2. i should seize the opportunity to cook up delicious food that i deserve
3. cooking for oneself is a healthy indulgence of self-love
4. it is a fun challenge to take on: formatting the normalized 4-6 servings recipes into one kick-ass portion
5. it is good practice for that future date ;)
...so it begins...
a single, 26-yo lady, living in the sunset neighborhood of san francisco taking the extra emotional steps to curate one glorious SINGLE SERVING each week.